Saturday, December 3, 2011

Reminders from our past, Reminders of our present, Reminders of our future!



                                                  
(Grandma and I Christmas 89 I think)


     Your song played today, the memories of what was came rolling in, tears fell from my eyes, as I replayed those short but fun moments we once had. You teaching me to dance, I hiding in the corner trying to do the twist. Grandpa laughing in his chair.
     I was dusting your many Nic Nac's (some I still have for myself), you washing the walls, and singing to the tune, wiggling on the chair you were standing on. Those long walks we use to take, they now seem like they were way to short. The nights we stayed up listening to MTV and VH1, or you getting up in the mornings to drink your coffee, and find I hadn't moved from my spot and could not believe I had not even fallen asleep yet.
      Yes your song played today, and the tears rolled on down my face, I did not try to stop them as that would do no good, I let them roll off my face into my hands, I looked at my hands and realized there I held you ….. Those tears, that emotion, you still live with in me, through my joy, my sadness, and most of all in my heart, Mind and soul. Your not forgotten, nor misplaced, through my eyes you see my life, my dreams, my family.
       Your song played today, it was meant to be, It was you reminding me that you are still so very near.
Grandma dear please know I love you so and that I  would never let you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment