Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oak Ridge Boys Concert awesome Last Night !

    It was cold out side, and windy as heck, but nothing stoped me from going to the Oak Ridge Boys.
I remember as a child my grandma, and a few uncles and aunts, took me to my first concert ever, the Oak Ridge Boys I was only 8, Maybe younger or older by a year or two not really sure. I just remember sitting there listening to them falling in love with Richard more and more and that deep voice of his, Oh my goodness.
    I have never heard such a deep voice, and before I ever saw him, I loved him for that deep voice. When I got to see him, I was lost forever. I still remember listening to them on grandmas 8 track player, or records that she had. She had them all mind you, and I listened every chance I got.... maybe that is why they took me to the concert lol.
    Any way after so long, I never thought I would see the day that I would see them again, I got to, last night after 28 years I returned to see the Oak Ridge Boys play, and it was great, it was actually better then when I got to see them the first time, Maybe it was the seats, floor, 4th row, I could smell their cologne, I could see their eyes glisten with pride, as they sang every song. I could watch it all so close, yet so far away..... It was all to awesome and overwhelming.
    Here are a few pictures maybe even a video for you to see for yourself.













    Of course here I thought I would be the youngest one there, and sure it was damn close that I was, until I looked behind me, and there was a couple young men in their 20's sitting there, We got into a light conversation about how they came to be there, and why they liked the Oak Ridge boys, interesting in its self let me tell you.
     I also noticed a little girl there, that was young, a child that was my age at my first Oak Ridge Boys concert with none other then her grandma and pa... That right there brought all the memories back, and a little part of me said to myself, my grandmas here to, floating around watching the concert with us. Thank God for grandparents  who bring there granddaughters to concerts like this. GOOD OLD FASHION family time, and music. Sinks right into the heart doesn't?

    Here is the video :

    The second video looks like it is viewed through fish eye lens, which that was the filter I had it on, didn't realize it until it was to late, however it still turned out in the end.. Love these guys. Enjoy.



Picture of me at 8 or younger after the Oak Ridge Boy Concert the night before with the book Grandma bought me, at the concert.... to bad they don't sell these anymore. Ha ! Love you Guys!Click the pic to get a bigger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment