Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Making the cakes is so fun, But my hands freeze after two !

   Yes it is fun to work where I work, with all the desserts that I get to make, for so many it just plain awesome. I have learned how to make every dessert now, so proud of myself, and I do take great pride in making them. It is art to me, to make something with ice cream, and see the enjoyment of those that get to eat it. A childs face lights up to a dilly bar or the ice cream cone that I hand them.
    My worse pet peeve however is seeing someone else make a cone or dessert and it doesn't look good at all. I feel the need to go over there and show them exactly how to do it right. It takes practice none the less, but take some pride in what you do and make it the best,, the correct way! I was taught by my first Manager/Owner of their Dairy Queen a long time ago, and they showed us to take pride in our desserts and make them the right way, So I try to teach anyone that will listen or want to know how to do it correctly, And with time they will get it. PRACTICE PRACTICE is all that it takes.
     I recently learned how to make the cakes, I was beginning to make cakes a long time ago, but never really learned it as I left the company before the lesson was achieved fully. Now however I have learned and let me tell you.... it is fun, but Boy does my hands freeze after doing just two of them. The silver rings that the ice cream lays on get really cold really fast, and it doesn't help that they are in the freezer before you start even putting ice cream in , on and around them. In the end if I get frost bite from them, it will be worth as we make over 20 some cakes a day just to meet the demand.

  Cakes are fun to make, I do not decorate them as you see them here, but I do make it completely, But it is the process before the decor that counts just as much as the decor itself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment