Monday, September 20, 2010

Collage is in full force!

Yes I said it, do I feel overwhelmed yet.... Not really like I thought I would be.
I think part of that reason is because I have already done this part so far. However I do feel there will come a time that I will feel overwhelmed just not at this point.
This weekend has been busy however, My Stepdaughter just got married and its wonderful. The family loves her husband and wish them the best in their life. There is so much changing in every bodies life, my eldest is turning 16 this week in fact on Wednesday its all happing so fast these days. Where did the time go?
With school and homework and raising a family alone, I still have time to learn new things or brush up on old things such as but not limited to sewing, reading, and of course playing a game or two. I haven't sewed since I was at least 12 years old and it was mostly just quilts. Yet I bought myself a sewing machine finally and I sewed a pillow and it took me longer to sew with the machine then if I had done it with my hands. Partly the reason for this is that I have not touched a sewing machine in forever. So there I was sewing and the needle going faster then my hands could move and I jammed the machine. So I found myself tearing the machine apart to get the jam out. After that I learned its all in the timing and I slowed my petal down and moved my hands quicker to match each others speed. It worked and I finally got the pillow done.
I bought myself a cockatiel bird, as well this weekend. She is beautiful, we named her tidbit for now, see if it fits her. She has been her two whole days now, and finally she came out of her cage and flew around my house, she hit the walls and the windows the pictures and anything else she could possibly hit. I didn't want her to overwhelm her self with all the excitement so I first tried to get her to step up on my finger, she is still young and untrained, so that didn't work to well, I had no other choice but to place a towel over her, and then carry her to her cage. She didn't mind to much she was actually happy to be put in her cage, I will continue the routine with her daily so to train her.
1. I place my hand in the age once daily with food on it. (this is so she can get comfortable with my hand in her home.)
2. I then play music for her. (kill bill whistle song so she can learn the whistle part and sing it.)
3. I talk to her for at least 15 to 20 minutes at one time off an on through out the day but at the least 15 - 20 minutes a day. ( this is so she doesn't get lonely and that she gets to know me.)
4. I do actions bob my head up and down and tell her to take a bow, whistle to her, move my head in directions that she can copy,Give her key words to copy (she hasn't copied that yet lol) She does pretty good at coping you.
5. I leave the cage door open for a good while so to let her know this is her home to she may come out and go in as pleases when the cage is open.

All these steps that I am taking is helping to train her as well as slowly bring her out of her shell. I believe she is a female because the crest when she stretches has a very large indent in it. Males usually do not have such a huge indent in their crest if you can even see it at all. Yes my family are animal lovers I personally love the birds most, but have a dog that is a daughter to me, We also own two hamsters. I do have to say this is the max we will ever have again. As at one time not to long ago a year or so we had ... get ready for this....
1 dog
11 cats
4 birds

Yes that was to many animals and I vowed never again. There is such a thing as to many animals when you live in a three bedroom home, and family of four. Just not enough room. Now if I had a farm and huge house with buildings to place the animals I would just that. I would have to also take in any strays and take the unwanted or other animals people can no longer take. I would love to be able to do this one day, money permitted this is my dream.
Well I think I have updated you all on my week, I would love to hear your comments and questions if you have any to share, Thanks and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment